LEADERSHIP JOHNS CREEK PROGRAM OVERVIEW
Leadership Johns Creek (LJC) is a respected and impactful community leadership program dedicated to fostering leadership skills and civic engagement among individuals in the Johns Creek area. With a rich history spanning over 13 years, Leadership Johns Creek has been a driving force behind numerous projects and initiatives that have contributed to the betterment of the Johns Creek community. The program's commitment to enhancing the quality of life in Johns Creek is reflected in its extensive portfolio of successful graduates.
To develop, energize, and activate community leaders in Johns Creek by providing insight into and interaction with city, business, and government executives to affect positive change.
Leadership Johns Creek has proudly served the community for 13 years, demonstrating a long-standing dedication to fostering leadership, community engagement, and positive change.
Student Leadership Johns Creek (SLJC) is a vital subset of the program, SLJC has been instrumental in nurturing young leaders for 11 years, providing students with opportunities to develop leadership skills and engage in community service.
Inaugural Class of 2010:
- Created the Newtown Park Community Garden.
- Established the Environmental Teaching Pond at Autrey Mill Nature Preserve and Heritage Center.
- Installed four Historical markers/educational signs along the Johns Creek greenway.
- Produced a video depicting the unique history of Johns Creek for community and educational use.
Class of 2011:
- Developed a certified Natural Wildlife Habitat and upgraded Greenway near Johns Creek High School.
- Introduced the "Billy Badge Program" to familiarize young children with Public Safety.
- Installed "Crossing Over Johns Creek" signs to mark road crossings.
- Placed historical markers at key points along Johns Creek's entry and exit points in the city.
Class of 2012:
- Transformed fitness Trail 7 in the Johns Creek Technology Park with new amenities and artwork.
Class of 2013:
- Upgraded office furniture at Autrey Mill Nature Preserve's welcome center.
- Collaborated with Georgia Foster Care Support Foundation to collect prom dresses.
- Supported the Johns Creek Veterans Memorial Walk and Autrey Mill Nature Preserve.
- Created a Public Art Master Plan for the City of Johns Creek.
Class of 2014:
- Initiated the community service event "Hero 4 a Day."
- Enhanced the pedestrian tunnel in Newtown Park with lights and mural.
- Launched VolunteerJohnsCreek.org to connect volunteers with local non-profits.
Class of 2015:
- Constructed a pergola at Park Place bocce ball court.
- Installed kiosks on hiking trails at Autrey Mill Nature Preserve.
- Embarked on phase one of beautifying the triangle area in Newtown Park.
Class of 2016:
- Enhanced the Shakerag Park Nature Trail.
- Developed a strategic plan for The Hub Resource Center and "Family Life University" program.
- Created a PSA for suicide prevention and mental health awareness.
Class of 2017:
- Expanded the Community Garden in Newtown Park.
- Established the ARA Police K9 Training Facility.
- Preserved the Historic Macedonia African Methodist Church Cemetery.
Class of 2018:
- Successfully organized the inaugural International Festival in partnership with the City of Johns Creek.
Class of 2019:
- Supported the Vietnam Wall of Healing Installation campaign.
- Donated an Adaptive Drive vehicle to Emory Johns Creek Hospital.
- Created the Autrey Mill Butterfly Habitat.
Class of 2020:
- Enhanced cricket facilities at Shakerag Park with the first lighted scoreboard in the Southeast.
- Collaborated on the #See the Creek art mural project at Newtown Park.
Class of 2022:
- Constructed Little Free Libraries to promote community literacy.
Leadership Launch was developed in 2023, post-COVID, as a way to offer leadership training to busy individuals who could not commit to a 9-month, time-intensive program. This condensed program offers leadership training including the Leadership Challenge and DiSC training, area history, economics, government, health and human services as well as community leadership and networking. It is a unique way to enhance operational training, as well as recognize and reward top talent.
Leadership Johns Creek has been an invaluable force in shaping the future of the Johns Creek community for 13 years. Through its diverse range of projects and collaborations, LJC has demonstrated a steadfast commitment to leadership development, community engagement, and the enhancement of local amenities. The program's legacy is marked by its substantial contributions and enduring impact on the residents of Johns Creek.
Leadership Johns Creek thanks our generous sponsors for their continued support of our program: Emory Johns Creek Hospital, City of Johns Creek, KKC Investments, and Renasant Bank for their generous support of the program.